Friday 18 February 2011

The "F" File



The "F" File

The obvious question is what is the "F" for? In some sense that remains to be seen it could be "fit" or "fat" depending on the outcome of this little project. I am 37 years old and once upon a time I was fit and lithe and .......well just in shape. Now I am 112kg, (or 247 pounds or 17 stone 9 pounds). To put that into perspective I am the same weight as, Nick Easter, England No.8 to the left here (picture courtesy of blahdeblah.com). Now Nick is no fatty, well not that anyone would tell him to his face if he was, but he spends a lot of his time breaking tackles and 112 kg is useful tool. A J Hawk the linebacker for Green Bay Packers is also 247 and has a similarly physical job. I am in fact 2kg heavier than John Cena WWE wrestler.

18 months ago I foolishly tried to catch a 1/4 tonne barrel and my back went pop, since then I have done little or no fitness training partly through the injury partly because of travel. Now my weight is mostly obsolete, I retired from rugby 3 years ago but continued to eat biscuits and drink Guinness as if I still played. So now I am 112 kg of reasonably inactive weight, my aim is to get down to a reasonable 95kg, still the size of a good rugby club blindside but carrying less in the area of belly, chin, and hips and more in the chest, legs, back and butt. This Blog is the journey from 112 to 95, with notes of the training I am doing, the food I am eating and the mistakes I am making. I can't currently afford a gym so this is making the most of the great outdoors and some reasonably cheap training kit I have lying around. This isn't designed to be a training guide as I have no idea of what your base fitness is, what you are capable and I have no way of correcting any bad technique you may have, this is just a record of what I am doing to regain my health and if it inspires you so much the better.














No comments: